Tax Collected at Source (TCS) under GST means the tax collected by an e-commerce operator from the consideration received by it on behalf of the supplier of goods, or services who makes supplies through operator’s online platform. TCS will be charged as a percentage on the net taxable supplies.
Amazon Merchant Tax Report (MTR) contains the Invoice wise breakup of TCS deducted on the sale. In order to account the same in Tally, you will have to Debit the TCS Ledger and Credit the Amazon ledger.
To account TCS entries in bulk on all the invoices raised in a particular month, you can use our Journal Template to simplify this task.
Follow the steps below to import Amazon deducted TCS to Tally;
- Open your MTR file and add a new column as “Total TCS”
- Sum the values of column Tcs Cgst Amount, Tcs Sgst Amount, Tcs Utgst Amount, Tcs Igst Amount in Total TCS column as shown in below snapshot
- Now, download our Journal Template from here
- Copy Invoice wise TCS data from MTR file and paste in our Journal Template as explained below column wise;
- Date: This will be the last date of the particular month
- Voucher Number: This will be the next voucher number as per your Tally
- Voucher Type: We recommend to create a new Voucher type as Amazon TCS under Journal
- Ledger Name: Set TCS on CGST, TCS on SGST and TCS on IGST ledger as Debit and Amazon.in as a Credit
- Debit / Credit: Set “Dr” for debiting the TCS ledger and “Cr” for crediting the Amazon.in ledger
- Reference No: Copy Amazon Order Numbers in this column to knock off TCS against Invoice
- Amount: This will be the sum amount of TCS ledgers and TCS deducted againts each orders
- Once your data is ready, convert it to the XML file using eCom2Tally data convertor application and import the XML file to Tally. This will import order wise TCS deducted data for the month as shown in below sample voucher
Amazon TCS to Tally Sample
Send Manual to my Email ID